Monday 11 June 2012

Superdrug Haul!

Recently I went into Superdrug as I had seen on the website they had a 3for2 and some other offers on which I wanted to take advantage of! I ended up picking up a few bits that I wanted to share with you.


To start with, I picked up a couple of skin products from the Superdrug Tea Tree line. I like to keep my skin care routine fairly simple as I have sensitive skin and as they were only £2.99 each I thought why not! I picked up the foaming face wash and the cleanser and toner. I have used these a few times now and really like the results. I have mentioned in a previous post I have been having trouble with some blemishes on my chin, and these seem to really be clearing it up already! They remove makeup and any excess oil well without stinging or drying out my skin. It just proves that sometimes, cheap and simple can be just as effective as more expensive products. 



Next I picked up 2 of the Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Sun Kissed Look, as I had heard beauty guru Swalkermakeup raving about this product and it was on offer for half price! Making it £3.55 for a 400ml bottle, barg! I have used this every day since and love it. It builds a streak free, natural tan while keeping the skin moisturised. I love the natural glow it gives and it is perfect for brightening up the skin on a daily basis, but for nights out I think I will still turn to a self tanner such as St Moriz for a deeper tan, especially on my legs. 



I love nail polish, so I knew I would be wanting to pick something out whilst in Superdrug. I headed to the Barry M stand as I was looking for a pastel colour and love the ones in their collection. Although to my suprise, I ended up with a black glittery polish, something that I don't have in my collection as I am always going for bright colours. The shade is 'Black Multi Glitter' and I have just done another post with a nail of the day using this polish!




I also picked up a backup of my favourite top coat, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. I love this top coat, it makes painting your nails so easy as they dry so quickly!


The last bits I picked up are makeup products. I got a new Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Medium, as mine was getting a bit old and tatty. Whilst there I saw that they had a loose powder which I also grabbed, as I had been looking for a sheer loose powder to set my makeup with and as it was only £2.99 I figured it wouldn't harm to give it a go, and so far, I do like it. Its sheer on the skin and doesn't leave you feeling like you are wearing a mask. I got the shade 1 Barely There, and dust a light coating over my t-zone after applying my base makeup. It does however say it contains sunscreen, so I am not sure how well it would transfer in photographs.



I then got a couple of bits from Maybelline. Firstly, a mascara. I love the Maybelline mascara range and have owned 3 or 4 different ones in the past, but I do find they often transfer underneath my eyes, so I decided to try one of the waterproof ones. I decided on The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof in Black. I have been wearing it everyday since to test it out and love it. It makes my eyelashes long and voluminous and stays put all day, with nothing transferring atall. The only downside to this product is because it is waterproof, it can be difficult to get off without a good eye makeup remover or cleanser, leaving you scrubbing at your eyes which is never good! Though I have found if I soak a cotton wool pad in my No7 Eye Makeup Remover, and hold it on my eye for about 30 seconds, it does make it a lot easier to come off.


Next from Maybelline, I got a Color Tattoo which I have heard so much hype about in the beauty community. I have been after one of these for a while but every time I went into my local Boots they were sold out despite being released for a while now. I got the shade Permanent Taupe, a matte taupe grey/brown colour. I have been using this as an eyeshadow base and love its staying power. It doesn't crease, stays put all day and gives your eyeshadow an extra pop. I will definitely be picking up some more of these.




Finally I stopped at the MUA stand. I own a few of their products already and think they are great quality for how cheap they are. I got this eyeshadow trio in the shade 'Innocence', which contains three shimmer tones, perfect for a smokey eye. I love the colours, they almost have a duo chrome finish to them and become different shades in different lights which looks gorgeous on the eye. It is a perfect little set to take out in your handbag or for travelling with as it has a base colour, a highlight, and a darker colour. I do wish this included a matte shade, as all three shimmery colours could become a bit over powering! This was £2.50 for three highly pigmented eyeshadows which is great value. 



Another long post (i'm sorry!) but I wanted to make sure I included all my thoughts on the products! Maybe I could do a post or makeup tutorial using MUA products? Or a drugstore makeup challenge?






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...