Thursday 14 June 2012

Haul: Jewellery, Clothes & Nails!

Yesterday I went shopping on the hunt for the perfect cream blazer. Of course, as usual, I ended up coming home without a cream blazer, but with lots of other goodies!

I had a couple of No.7 £5 off vouchers which needed spending, so took full advantage and picked up a couple of nail polishes. The first is one of the new glitter top coats in 'Silver'. I am absolutely in love with this polish and I am hoping they will add more colours to the line. It is a clear polish with chunky pieces of glitter which gives the nail a 3D effect. I got home and put this straight on top of my silver Barry M glitter polish and love that it adds more texture and depth. I am going to be doing a separate post dedicated to this nail polish and the different ways you can wear it!
I then also picked up 'Cheeky Chops', a beautiful bright coral pink which is perfect for summer.

I then went to Dorothy Perkins and saw they had a huge sale stand of jewellery. There was some amazing pieces for £2-£3 and I could have stayed there all day picking bits out but limited myself to just a few!

Firstly I picked up this lovely silver over sized ring. I love the detailing on it and how it stretches up the majority of the finger and thought it was an absolute steal at £2!

Next I picked up a peter pan collar necklace. It is made of sequins and is a pearly white colour. I plan on wearing this with a black chiffon shirt and think it will really jazz up an outfit. This was £1, which is amazing value!

Lastly, I picked up this ring which I am absolutely obsessed with. It is a gold over sized ring with aqua blue, green and gold gems on the top. I love how the colours work together and look against the skin. It is super sparkly when it catches the light and I can see myself wearing this a lot! I actually wore it out last night and got several compliments on it, with my friends asking if it was swarovski!

I then popped into primark not really expecting to find anything as it can be a bit hit and miss, but I found a few things which I love.
Firstly is this chiffon pleated shirt, with gold Aztec collar detail. These shapes tops are always flattering, and can be dressed up or down. I love that the collar brings an extra something to the piece. This was £10 and also comes in a nude colour.


I then saw this top which I fell in love with and actually ended up wearing out last night! It is a sheer cropped vest top with sequins and beading all over. I love the pattern and how the black and gold work together. I also got complimented on this with friends saying that they thought it was from Topshop, as they had a one that was very similar! So if you like the look of it but don't want to pay the price, head to Primark and pick this up for £12!

Lastly, I got this necklace. A gold chain, with a antique style bow. I love bows, and I love that shabby chic distressed white wash effect, so this was always going to be a winner for me.



And that's that! I found some lovely pieces for really affordable prices, have you found any bargains recently?
x


3 comments:

  1. You asked "I found some lovely pieces for really affordable prices, have you found any bargains recently?" I don't want to toot my own horn, but the Canadian jewelry line called Jamie Bentley is all about better-priced jewellery.

    The rings are similar to the ones you found, some are very big with sparkles, gems and some could even pass as real but they are not.

    Unfortunately we don't ship to the UK as of now as the store is brand new but it's in the future goals. If any of your readers are across the pond, please check us out! www.jamiebentley.com

    P.S. I love your collar necklace, that a trend that hasn't really taken off here in Canada yet but if you were to faux-fur line the collar I'm sure it would be hugely popular in the wintertime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some really amazing pieces! Such a shame you don't ship to the UK, but like you said, hopefully it is a line we will have available over here in the future! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JamieBentley.com26 June 2012 at 14:03

      Thank you for the compliment, we are really proud of our collection. When we do ship to the UK, I will let you know!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...