Saturday 5 May 2012

Summer Blush

Summer is fast approaching and we who love makeup have to work around this! Over winter, I was a real fan of the whole vamp look, with a dark rose cheek, but now Summer is almost here, I wanted to switch up for something a big more natural. After having a route through my collection, I picked up my Nars Deep Throat blush (which I had worn for months and absolutely loved last year) which had got pushed to the back of the pile. Now I have found it, I remember why I loved it so much!

It may have a bit of a rude name, but it really is the sweetest blush. It is a coral pinky shade with shimmer, and leaves a soft, natural glow to the cheek. I have been using it for both day and night time and think it works nicely both ways. In the day, a natural flush of colour on a nude face and at night compliments a brown smokey eye well. I have been applying it with both the Real Techniques Blush Brush to bring it from the cheek back towards the ear or the Smashbox Baby Buki to keep it on the apples of the cheek.





                                                            Nars 'Deep Throat'


Nars products can be expensive, so if you are looking for a more affordable dupe, Elf do a blush in the colour 'Tickled Pink' which is pretty similar in colour, though has a lot less shimmer.

                                                     
                                                              Elf 'Tickled Pink'


Left- Nars Deep Throat   Right- Elf Tickled Pink

I love this blush and it will definitely be my go to blush for the Summer! What Nars blushes do you love? x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...