Wednesday 30 May 2012

May Glossybox 2012

I have been a huge fan of the whole beauty box concept from the beginning and have always been a loyal subscriber to Glossybox! So, I thought I would share my thoughts on the most recent, May box. 

This month, it was Glossybox's one year anniversary, so along with the 6 standard items, they also included a Happy Birthday Balloon and a Glossybox compact mirror which was a nice touch.

The box was its normal light pink colour, but with a different tissue paper covered in drawings of lipsticks, cupcakes and brushes which is really cute!

The items I got this month are;

Noble Isle Bath and Shower Gel in 'Cornish Hedgerows'. A rich scented gel, which I am yet to try, although for me it does smell like quite a masculine scent.

Two Perfume Samples from Lolita Lempicka. I really like both these perfumes, they are sweet and almost powdery, which is nice for summer.

Apivita Express Beauty Masks. I received two masks in the scent Orange. I have already used one of these and really liked it. It contains small orange beads which gently exfoliate the skin when applying the mask. The scent is gorgeous and it left my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Osmo Berber Oil Hair Treatment. I wasn't thrilled when I saw this in my box, as I have received so many hair oil products in previous box's so was not in any need for another. However I used this today after washing my hair, and it did leave the ends of my hair feeling less dry and softer than normal. Although, like I said, I would have preferred to get one of the other products available this month.

Eldora False Eyelashes. This was the item I was most excited about as I love false lashes, although I was not overly thrilled the ones I received, as I tend to go for a solid black lash and the pair I was sent have gold glitter running through them. Some people may love this, but for me, this is not something I am going to get much use of out.



Overall, I was happy with the contents of my box, but feel that I will not get any use out of one or two of the items, but, this is the risk you take with subscription boxes as you never know what items you will receive. I was dissapointed not to see a makeup product included in my box, as that is the main reason I am signed up to Glossybox, and was even more dissapointed to find out that some people received HD Brows products in their boxes this month, a brand which I love, but as always, you can't please everyone!
This is the first month I have been dissapointed with products sent to my by Glossybox, so I definitely will not be un-subscribing and I am excited to see what I will receive next month.

What do you think of beauty box subscription services? What did you think of this months Glossybox?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...