Wednesday 30 May 2012

May Favourites

For me, May has dragged a little bit and it seems forever ago that it was April, which is probably because I spent most of it rushing around finishing and handing in my last essays and pieces of coursework for this year of uni. May however, was a good month for products and I have really been loving what I have been using, so here's my May favourites :)


First up is ELF's cream eyeshadow in the shade 'Bronzed'. I'm a huge fan of a brown smokey eye, and this works amazingly well as a base for that. It is a gorgeous brown bronze with gold flecks, but isn't overly shimmery. This doesn't crease on my lids and a little goes a looong way. At only £3.50, I love this, and will definitely be trying out some different shades.



Next is No7's Stay Perfect Nail Colour in ' Damson Dream'. It is a lovely rich, deep maroon red shade. Now, this isn't your typical summer colour, and I actually got this around Christmas time last year, but I have been loving it for night time. You can pick this up at Boots for around £7. 
Here, I have paired it with Deborah Lippmann's 'Razzle Dazzle' on my ring finger. The two shades work perfectly together!

Mac's Fix+ is something I have always seemed to have sitting on my dressing table, but didn't often reach for, as I had originally bought it as a setting spray, and prefer my Urban Decay All Nighter. Recently I have been reaching for this a lot more, to actually use along side powder products. I have been using this a lot this month with my Mac MSF Natural, spraying a duo fibre brush before applying the product, I find this way it glides onto the skin and leaves a really flawless finish!

 Becca's Beach Tint in Watermelon is something I have spoken about before in my 'Everyday Makeup' post a few weeks ago, and I have still been using it every single day. It is a lovely my lips but better shade, and is great for this time of year, as I can apply it once in the morning and it will act as a stain on my lips throughout the day, without the sun melting it off.

Nars 'Deep Throat' blush is also something I have spoken about before and I have actually done a whole blog post dedicated to it. I love this blusher so much, it is a gorgeous colour with just the right amount of shimmer. This will definitely stay a favourite for a while!

I am always on the hunt for that perfect bronzer, something that isn't too shimmery, doesn't make you end up looking orange or muddy and suits my skin tone. This month, I have found myself reaching for Bourjois Chocolate Bronzing Powder in shade 52. I love the scent of this bronzer, and it gives a lovely warm glow to the skin. I think my next bronzer purchase will have to be Nars Laguna, as I have heard so many good things about it!

As for skin care, this month my skin has been playing up, and whether it be a product i'm using, or something I am eating, I have had a few break outs. With all this hot weather we have been having, the last thing I want is to have to wear lots of high coverage face products to cover my blemishes and have it melted down my face half way through the day. My solution to this has been the Clean and Clear range. I have been using the Exfoliating Daily Wash in the morning, followed by the Dual Action Moisturiser, both of which are targeted at combating redness and spots. This has been working really well for me, it's gentle enough not to irritate my skin, but has definitely helped with any blemished. 


 And thats it, my May favourites! Hope you enjoyed this post :) What have your favourites products been for the past month? X





2 comments:

  1. How much is that bronzer? :) I've been looking for a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its around £6.99 and lasts ages! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...